These nominations demonstrate Lagardère Travel Retail’s recognized expertise and dynamism in Foodservice
PARIS – Lagardère Travel Retail is very proud to announce that 6 of its restaurants and 1 of its Marketing campaigns have been short listed for the FAB Awards 2017, organized by the Moodie Davitt Report and sister title The Foodie Report, which are major references in the Travel Retail industry. The short-listed concepts are the following:
• SO! COFFEE (Kraków–Balice airport, Poland), our proprietary coffee shop concept present in 5 countries with 63 outlets and revamped in 2016, in the “Airport Coffee, Non-alcoholic Beverage Shop of the Year” category
• III Forks (LAX, US) and Bar Symon (Pittsburgh airport, US) in the “Airport Casual Dining Restaurant of the Year” category
• No Kid Hungry campaign (US airports), fighting child hunger in the US by donating 25% of the retail sales price from every kid’s meal sold at our airport restaurants to No Kid Hungry association, in the “F&B Marketing & Promotions Campaign of the Year” category
• Long Beach unique famous local brands line up (Long Beach airport, US) in the “Airport Food & Beverage Offer of the Year” category
• La Plage & Pan Garni (Nice airport, France), 2 bespoke concepts developed in partnership with celebrity French chef Thierry Marx, in the “Airport Food & Beverage Reflecting ‘Sense of Place’ of the Year” category
• L’Etoile du Nord by Thierry Marx (Paris Gare du Nord Station, France), in the “Individual Food & Beverage Offer of the Year in a Railway Station”. L’Etoile du Nord has also been short listed for the “Palmes de la Restauration 2017”: a major French Foodservice distinction rewarding each year the trendiest and most innovative restaurants.
These nominations are a very significant recognition of Lagardère Travel Retail’s operational expertise and willingness to constantly innovate in Foodservice, be it through the introduction of new brands, the creation of “wow” concepts, or the development of disruptive services in partnership with FoodTech startups.
The Group set high ambitions for its Foodservice activities. Strong investment in the business in the last few years allowed Lagardère Travel Retail to become the 4th Foodservice operator worldwide as of today, with sales doubled in 4 years - reaching 513 €million in 2016 - and more than 800 restaurants operated in 18 countries.
Lagardère Travel Retail will be represented at the FAB Conference in Toronto by Mélanie Guilldou (EVP Foodservice Global), Ambroise Fondeur (Chief Business Officer) and Gregg Paradies (US subsidiary Paradies Lagardère CEO), who will give a speech about our vision of Foodservice in North America.